Open day 2022 (February, May, July): presentation of the course (slides pdf)
- International Sudents: general and practical information about the University of Florence: here
You can download the 2022/23 booklet, which describes the main characteristichs of the DSTS master program (pdf)
DSTS graduates: effectiveness of the course, and satisfaction (pdf)
DSTS Master Program presentation on the online platform Federica WebLearning - you need to register to the platform and looking for the MOOC "UniFI Orienta - Economia e impresa"; then click on "Esplora i corsi" (Explore courses) and select "Design of Sustainable Tourism Systems". There you can find a presentation of the Master Program and some brief videos where some our teachers present you the content of their courses (videos in English language).
The Master Program in Design of Sustainable Tourism Systems
(Laurea magistrale in Progettazione e gestione dei sistemi turistici - LM-49)
The two years Master Program (second level degree) aims to provide a thorough understanding, at the university master level, of the contemporary techniques of organization and management of tourism activities. The Master Program is characterized by an interdisciplinary program.
The graduates will acquire the basic competence in the fields of human and social sciences, a good command of information technology and of statistical techniques, indispensable for a real-world interpretation of tourism trends and of taste changes of the tourist population. The Master Program also provides legislative, historical and geographical knowledge useful for enhancing the values of the resources and the cultural heritage of a territory.
The Master Program deals with topics related with the sustainable management of natural, cultural and historical resources. The remarkable growth of tourism requires considerable planning activities by both the public and private sectors in order to maximise economic returns while containing the potential negative impacts on the environment.
Click here to have more details about the professional profiles offered by the DSTS Master Program.
This Master Program belongs to the class LM-49 Progettazione e gestione dei sistemi turistici. In Italy, as far as the legal value of the qualification, this class is considered different from the classes LM-56 Scienza dell'economia and LM-77 Scienze economico-aziendali.
The final certification is: laurea magistrale (like Master degree or second level degree) in
LM-49 PROGETTAZIONE E GESTIONE DEI SISTEMI TURISTICI
About job opportunities in Italy, also see the document here linked (pdf on external link, in Italian).
The Master Degree could also give access to the PhD Programs. For a list of international PhD Programs in issues related to tourism, see the related section of this website.
The Master Degree in Design of Sustainable Tourism Systems provides interdisciplinary competencies that involve:
- measuring and monitoring the outcomes and impacts of tourism (i.e. Economic statistics for tourism, Statistical information systems for tourism, Social statistics for tourism, Demography and tourism);
- managing and developing activities related with:
- the natural and economic local resources (i.e., Agri-food economics, Sustainable tourism for local system development, Food quality and culture for tourism, Economics and management of agritourism);
- cultural resources, skills and competencies for tourism (i.e., Organization design and people management in the tourism industry, Economic history of tourism, Tourism and sport marketing, Event and sport management lab);
- law and contracts in tourism and travel activities (Travel and tourism contracts, Tourism and law, Financial markets and institutions)
- new tendencies and technology for environmental issues (New technologies and environment chemistry);
- foreign language different from English (Spanish, French, German).
During the course, students will acquire the necessary tools to write their Master thesis. Students can also participate in an exchange program of study and/or have an internship. The degree program offers seminars by experts and professionals. Members of the School of Economics and Management have a well-established experience in providing knowledge useful to promote sustainable economic development.