- Presentation at the Welcome day 2016-17 (slides - pdf)
The Master Program (Laurea magistrale in LM-49 Progettazione e gestione dei sistemi turistici)
The two years Master Program aims to provide a thorough understanding of the techniques of organization and management of tourism destinations. The Master Program is characterized by an interisciplinary program.
The graduates will possess the basic competence in the fields of human and social sciences, a good command of information technology and of statistical techniques indispensable for a correct interpretation of tourism trends and of taste changes of the tourist population. The Master program provides legislative, historical and geographical knowledge useful for enhancing the values of the resources and of the cultural heritage of a territory. Moreover, the knowledge of a second foreign language different from English is provided.
The Program deals with topics related with the sustainable management of natural, cultural and historical resources. The remarkable growth of tourism requires considerable planning activities by both the public and private sectors in order to maximise economic returns while containing the potential negative impacts on the environment.
This master (second level degree) program belongs to the class LM-49 Progettazione e gestione dei sistemi turistici. In Italy, as far as the legal value of the qualification, this class is considered different from the classes LM-56 Scienza dell'economia and LM-77 Scienze economico-aziendali.
The final certification is: laurea magistrale (like Master degree or second level degree) in
LM-49 PROGETTAZIONE E GESTIONE DEI SISTEMI TURISTICI
The Master Degree in Design of Sustainable Tourism Systems provides interdisciplinary competencies that involve:
1) measuring and monitoring the results and impacts of tourism (Economic statistics for tourism, Statistical information systems for tourism, Business demography, Social statistics, Statistical methodologies for tourism);
2) managing and developing activities related with:
- the natural and economic local resources (i.e. Agri-food economics, Environment and landscape geography;
Sustainable tourism for local system development, Food quality and analytical control);
- with cultural resources and with the skills and competencies in tourism (i.e. Tourism business organizations,
human resources and events management, Tourism and sport marketing, Event and sport management lab,
Culture creativity and local development);
- law and contracts in tourism and travel activities (Tourism and travel contracts, Tourism legislation)
3) new tendencies and technology for environmental issues (New technology and environment chemistry);
4) foreign language differenf from English (Spanish, French, German).
During the course, students will acquire the necessary tools to write their Master thesis. They can also participate in an exchange programme of study and / or have an internship. The degree program provides seminars by experts and professionals.
Moreover, members of the School of economics and management are currently involved in providing knowledge and competencies useful to promote sustainable economic development. In particular, this School is an academic representative of NECSTouR (the Network of European Region for a Sustainable and Competitive Tourism) which involves 28 Tourism Regional Authorities (among these, the Tuscany Region) and representatives of the academic and business sectors.
- The 2017/18 booklet will be available soon